Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26th Rainy Days and Mondays


So, half the things I wanted to do over the weekend were rained out. I did, however, wade through the mud to get more of the chicken wire down. With the girls out of heat, I opened up the enclosure to let the dogs come in and out as they please (this was before the rain). This turned out to be a bad idea because as soon as it started to rain, Lightning struck somewhere nearby. This put all seven puppies to flight into the house faster than you could say "JACK RUSSEL". My floor and furniture turned a nice dark mahogany color from the stampede. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to round up seven determined muddy puppies and give them each a bath? Yeah, so I ended up putting them back in the enclosure after getting Kirby washed and realizing what it would take for the other six. It was by far the least innocuous course of action. So my oddball puppies love the rain. They love drinking from the hose, splashing in the kiddie pool, and generally getting really muddy. I sometimes think they are furry little piglets and not dogs at all. They do, however, hate, and I mean HATE lightning and thunder. They demand to be where I am, shivering between my feet (yeah, all seven of them) or jumping in my lap. So after my shower, I had a mud bath which didn't seem to do much at all for my complexion.
I did manage to get most of the fence kitted out with chicken wire sewn to the bottom and weighted down with rocks. Hopefully this will prevent any more puppy excursions outside the dog yard. With the puppies hopefully contained, I also did some work on the garden out front. Yeah, me the computer geek with a shovel and some landscape paper... isn't that frightening?

No comments:

Post a Comment