Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2nd April Fools?

So, yesterday was April Fool's day. After the puppy outing, and working Sunday, late Monday and late Tuesday, and missing out on the Conformation class Wednesday, I admit my humor left a bit to be desired. I'd been working diligently to husky-proof the fence by taking 24" wide chicken wire, sewing it to the chain link about 6 inches up and bending the rest along the ground as a dig-barrier and weighting it down with stones from the river and bricks (from the hardware store). This has consumed my waking moments when I'm not working, and Wednesday I smashed my arm with a brick which has left a nasty bruise and a lot of pain. Freya had started her bleeding heat, and this did not have a good affect on my overall demeanor.

Jim logs on to IM and messages me:
Jim (4/1/2010 10:20:33 AM): Guess we are having freya puppys
me (4/1/2010 10:20:42 AM): !!!what???
me (4/1/2010 10:21:36 AM): I can't leave the house for 10 mins....
Jim (4/1/2010 10:21:46 AM): As I was taken a bathroom Break Kurby wanted out out and pushed the fence aside .. when I got out Fraya and Yukon where stuck together

Now all manner of unkind things are running around in my brain, one of them being I need to take Freya to the vet and get her fixed before there are puppies. Freya doesn't need that kind of stress, and neither do I. No dog should be bred more than once a year, and I certainly did not want any more puppies for a couple of years while we show Princess and Moon.

Jim let me stew for a while, trying to think about what to do when finally this comes across:
Jim (4/1/2010 10:23:18 AM): April Fools.....

At first I was mad, but how can I be when he so completely had me going? Good one Jim. Sometime in the future, there will be revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment