Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16th

This morning I heard at least two coyote packs howling in the darkness as I watched the pups romp in the morning dew. I guess they are spreading everywhere these days. This got me to thinking about the cottonmouth I killed in my yard the other day. By all rights, they should not be this far north, but has warming climates expanded their range? If it was the first water moccasin I had seen, I could write it off as an anomally, but this was the second one. One is coincidence, two is a trend. At any rate, I'm now very wary when I walk along the creek with my pups.

There are all kinds of plans running through my head, how I'm going to segregate the yard, how much more land I have to fence in, how I want to build a track to run the dogs. There is a never-ending list of things I want to do. Overall, I have been wondering what my goals should be. Training these four to run and pull as a team is my immediate goal, but what are my long term goals? I still haven't worked that part out yet, but maybe time will tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment