Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 3rd

So much happening the last few days, haven't had much time to update. Freya has gone in to heat and has the whole house in turmoil. Poor puppy. Affected by the puppy pheramones, Samantha thinks she is in heat as well, enough to tease Demon into mounting. Sigh. Jim was home, had all the dogs outside, and heard her yelping, and was able to calm her down so that they didn't get hurt. Freya thankfully has been kept separate from the boys, but since Samantha is due for her heat in a few weeks, we have marked the calendar in case the mating survived.

Poor girl... and I have to work late and can't be home... I guess a bit more education of what heat can do to a community of dogs is in order, as I'm pretty sure Jim didn't think Samantha would mate. Poor Jim. I think this is the first time he has been so close to a dog who has mated. Samantha was a bit distraught afterwords, and this made Jim a bit distraught.

Hopefully I can help settle the household a bit when I get home... No rest for the weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment