Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22nd Of Mystery Pedigrees


I've been doing a lot of thinking about these wonderful dogs, Yukon, Samantha and Demon. As some of you out there already know, their former musher and the person who originally purchased them died, and much of their history has been lost to the winds of time. The man's son told me that they were expensive, $1500 dollar dogs, but I didn't care, I loved them at first sight and he sold them to me for $100 each so I wasn't sure of their value only winning their love and giving them a good home for the rest of their lives.

But now that they have grown to be a part of our family and have had a litter of which we are keeping two pups, I am again curious of their origins. My only clues were their three generation pedigree which included several names of "Hilltop", and the breeders' names which I have been unable to locate on line. I'd like to post up the pedigree and if anyone has information on the origins of these dogs, I would greatly appreciate it. Regardless of information, they are priceless to me and will always be a part of our home and our first mushing team. :)

I will post up the pedigrees when I get home (I have them on a spreadsheet). Thanks for any information anyone may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment