Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26th 21 years

Jim and I have been married for 21 years today. In this day and age, I consider that pretty good. It hasn't always been easy, but we do get along really well and have a lot of the same interests. I'm just very glad he likes our four new dogs and likes the fact that I am training them to mush. The dogs have taken to him at last, even Demon smiles when Jim pets him now, and this makes Jim happy too. He's never been a big dog person, but these four very loving personalities are changing him for the better. ;-)

An odd note about the neighbor dog. I kept thinking about why the dog barks and barks, and I believe I figured it out. She's lonely, and wants to see a person. Even if she doesn't want to be petted, she just wants to know that she is not alone. Poor puppy dog. She will shut up and go back to her yard if one of us simply walks out the front door so she can see us. Hearing us isn't good enough, she wants to see a person. Not sure if I can do anything to break her of her habit, but maybe if I let her see me before going to bed she will let me sleep? Something to think about anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment