Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2nd


3am... why does he have to pee at 3am?

G'kar pokes me with his nose at 3am, licking my hand and whining to go out....

I tell him to lay down and go back to sleep, but well, he has to go, so keeps bugging me. Sigh... so I do what any half asleep grumpy mother would do. I put on my robe, stumble to the door, let the dogs out, and go wake up my son to let them back in. Ok maybe that was harsh on the boy, but he should have made sure the pups went pee before putting them in my room, right?

The 5am alarm goes off and I feel like crap, so turn it off and roll over, hoping for another hour of sleep before I have to get ready for work. The dogs have already been out, so not true urgency. Samantha is a bit miffed that she got her bone an hour late, so she gobbles hers down and steals Freya's bone almost starting a knock down drag-out fight. There is certainly a lot of growling and posturing going on, but fortunately no teeth. Freya now is peeved, and comes to me complaining in her low howl. So, I give her some peanut treats and she is happy again (the dogs prefer the peanut treats over the bones, so Freya thinks she got the better of the deal). James hears all the commotion and gets up. I wasn't going to wake him seeing as he was up at 3, but I'm sure as soon as I walk out the door he'll be back in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment